Thursday, August 14, 2008

Reality Stinks

Today I got up early for me, 7:00 a.m. and headed up to the Child Development Center because I had volunteered to do chapel. I spent about 5 hours yesterday getting my lesson together on Jesus changing the water to wine. It took me about 45 minutes to set up and then chapel lasted 30 minutes. I was totally wiped out! Just last week I had told Tresia Eason that perhaps I could be an afternoon teacher in the Child Development Center she had an opening in the Pre-K class and that sounded like a lot of fun. Well, it was pretty apparent today that I still am not up to physically doing that. My ankles just cannot withstand standing on them for long periods of time. I do better walking than just standing. So...I am really having to talk to myself today to keep myself from going down that negative thinking path. I know that God has a plan for me, I just wish it wasn't taking Him so long to reveal it. But I am trying to do my best to trust in His ways and His timing. I am trying to be thankful for the things I can do and focus on the positive. But I continue to find it a real effort to stay positive because from my point of view reality rather stinks. Thanks for letting me have a pity party. I'll be better tomorrow.

No comments: