Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A Thankful Wife

I apologize for another post in one week extolling the praises of my husband but I just can't resist. Tonight Steve told me that while he was at CVS today that he got out of the car and saw a pile of trash on the ground and could not help but notice that it was a pornographic magazine. He said he did his best not to look at it, but did not want to leave it there for a young person to see, so he bent down and and crumpled it up and threw it in the trash can. I thanked him for the blessing of being married to a man of integrity. He could have put that magazine in his truck and kept it there for weeks and I would have never known.

Sunday morning I listened to Ed Young Jr. give a really good sermon on Lust. Don't know that in my lifetime I have ever heard an entire sermon dedicated to lust. Of course he preached it in his normal creative way by his points all ending in "ize" for "eyes". You can actually view that sermon at http://www.edyoung.com/watch.php

He quoted Job 31:1 "I made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a girl." He talked about his own covenant and how he does not subscribe to movie channels for that very reason and he does not channel surf. I had thought at the time how many times I have seen Steve's eyes go to the floor when an advertisement came on T.V. where women were scantily clad. Or when I have on Dancing With The Stars and he will not look at the skimpily clothed dancers.

When he reads this blog he will be quick to remind me that he is not perfect, and I know that he cannot live in the world we live in and not be tempted from time to time, but I am thankful that he does not succumb to the temptations around him and honors me with his commitment to purity. I am indeed blessed!!

1 comment:

Stichin’ Up A Storm said...

God is so wonderful and has blessed us both with husbands that will not stray. Roger does many of the same things... looking away, things like that. God is incredible and we are so blessed.