FYI I paid $3.08 today for gas at Racetrak on Independence Pkwy. and Plano Parkway today. Just thought I would pass that on for anyone else looking for a better deal on gas.
Wow! did we get the rain or what?? Looks like we got about 6 inches at my house. I thought my swimming pool was going to flood my house, but fortunately it never did come up over the edge.
I heard something this morning that was an "aha" for me. The speaker was talking about the last days of Jesus and was talking about Barrabas. He said "no one understood better than Barrabas what it meant for someone to take his place and get what he deserved." I had never thought about that before. Barrabas was chosen because he was the Suddan Hussein, Charles Mason, Adolf Hitler of his time and Herod was so sure the people would not choose him over Jesus and he could set Jesus free because he knew he was not guilty. However, the crowd did not go with the plan. Imagine how shocked Barrabas must have been. He knew he was guilty and someone else was going to pay and he was going free. It was just slightly a different slant than I had ever thought about before. I do think we can gain great insights when we try to put ourselves in the shoes of the different characters in the Bible. I had just never put myself in his shoes before. However, I have contemplated over and over again why Jesus would take my place and am still dumbfounded every time I think of it. I definitely don't deserve it, but for ever will be so thankful for that gift.
Hope you are having a contemplative week filled with thanksgiving as you prepare for the celebration of the resurrection of our Lord and Savior.
No comments:
Post a Comment