Sunday, March 09, 2008

Silent Retreat

On April 11th some ladies at R.E. are going to be enjoying a Silent Retreat at Riverbend Camp in Glen Rose. It is interesting the different reactions I received this morning in trying to get ladies to sign up for the retreat. Why is it the concept of having quiet meditation time so intimidating to so many? The last Silent Retreat we had was wonderful and for me it was so refreshing to just have this slow pace and be able to sit out in nature and have some really special time with God. It is interesting to think about that some cannot even entertain the thought of a three hour periods of silence when there are actually people in this world who take a vow of silence.

Friday, two other ladies and I drove down to where we are going to have the retreat because we had not seen it. It is really nice. I am posting some pictures just in case I can entice some of my blog readers to join us. Two years ago when we did this retreat all 26 evaluations came back that women were pleasantly surprised what a blessing the quiet time had been. Sometimes I think we are just afraid to experience the unknown. So I guarantee anyone that joins us will not be disappointed.

Walkway up to Lodge

Back Porch of Lodge

Kitchen area

Main room


Two of the 4 bedrooms downstairs (all are decorated differently.)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it sounds like a wonderful weekend. The place looks really nice. Once my kids get a little older and it's easier for me to escape for a weekend, I'll be wanting to go.

Tim Perkins said...

Shoot, I wanna go and I'm a guy.

Lindsay said...

It does look so peaceful. Peace sounds so wonderful! Just not a good time with the baby coming right now. Maybe in a few years Becky and I can go. :) The retreat sounds so wonderful - great concept. We all have too much noise in our lives.

Kristi said...

The pictures are beautiful! It sounds like a wonderful weekend!

Stephanie said...

That is the same lodge that we had a family reunion at in December of 2006. It is a great place! Wish I could go, but the weekend is booked for me. Maybe next time.