Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Fall in Colorado

Fall has always been my favorite time of year. Unfortunately, in Texas there isn't much of change when Fall comes. I remember when I lived a short time in Tennessee how beautiful the trees were when they changed colors, and one time I went to visit my friend, Terry, in Ohio and the colors were breathtaking. So I was hoping to see a similar site in Colorado. This past weekend my mom and I went on a short trip up through the mountains and the Aspens were beautiful. Not like big oak trees or the bright oranges and reds, but nevertheless breathtaking.




We are still putting one foot in front of the other and trying to take the next step.
Mother and I were able to find a bed and breakfast in Pine, Colorado (Arabian Farms)to spend a little time of peace and tranquility. It was a working horse farm. We enjoyed our stay and just sitting out in God's creation.






I take great comfort in knowing that no matter how beautiful Fall is, my Daddy is where beauty cannot be matched. Heaven is a glorious place and I can't wait to get there. I am reminded of a song we used to sing when I was in youth group:

Heaven is a wonderful place,
Filled with glory and grace,
I wanna see my Savior's face,
Heaven is a wonderful place.

1 comment:

Liz Moore said...

Beautiful pictures. I'm glad you were able to find rest in God's creation.