Friday, April 09, 2010

Five Year Anniversary


Five years ago today, my life was forever altered by someone who decided they would get behind the wheel of a car (F150 truck) while drunk and entered the north bound lane of I-75 going south and hit me head on. Unfortunately, there has not been one day in that five years that I have not thought about that day. Unfortunately, the pain I still feel with every step I take, makes it hard to forget. But I am also thankful eveyday that I have two legs to walk on. We fought hard to keep my left leg and I am so very grateful that God healed it to the degree he did.

Time is interesting isn't it?? Someways it seems like five years was a lifetime ago and other ways it seems like it was just yesterday. I wish I could say that during these past 5 years that I have come to terms with it all, but I honestly still grieve the life that was taken away from me. I want that life back, but I know I can't have it. I am doing my best to embrace my "new normal" but I am not there yet.
I think that is one of the reasons I am looking forward to our move to Colorado Springs, it is a chance for a new start. No more driving on 75. Although I am nervous about finding a new orthopedist. I am just praying I won't need one. I go to see my orthopedist here April 22nd and hope that he gives me a great report and promising news about my future.

One of the things I will take with me is the memories of how wonderful all my friends and family have been! I could not have made this journey without the love and support of all of you! Especially all of your prayers!! The awesome thing about friends in the Lord is you know you will always have that love and support and they are there as prayer warriors anytime you need them. I am so very thankful for that.
I will be able to say as Paul did in Philippians 1:3-"I thank my God every time I remember you."

1 comment:

scdnkrd said...

Lynn,
It will be so so hard for ME to see you go. And while I am praying God's Blessings for you and Steve, I am selfishly going to miss you and our friendship that has grown over the last few years more than I can express. Let's do that lunch soon, Dear Friend.
Kimberly