Steve surprised me with a trip on the Royal Gorge Route for the celebration of our 24th Wedding Anniversary. We started out the day eating breakfast out at Mimi's with my favorite French Toast Brioche. Steve did a great job planning this special day. When we reached Canyon City, I kind of figured we might be going to the Royal Gorge. I didn't know it was still closed because of the Fires in July. It was sad seeing so much of the burned forest.
We then got to ride in the Vista Dome of the train with a great view of the Arkansas River.
Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling up to par and about half way through the train ride, I got sick to my stomach, but fortunately had come prepared for possible motion sickness. As it turns out I don't think I actually had motion sickness but an actual stomach bug of some kind. Which unfortunately spoiled our dinner on the train and our dinner plans later. But as usual my Steve was a really trooper and was just mostly concerned about me.
There were some great rapids and we saw a loft of rafters coming down the river. Definitely on my bucket list!!
I felt bad I dampened our fun, but this sweet man planned the perfect day. With a great ending! He got us tickets to go see Celtic Thunder in October! I can't wait!!
It is such a blessing to be married to a man that makes 24 years of marriage seem like 1. The years have gone by so quickly!! I love him more than I ever thought possible and am so thankful that God picked him just for me! He is such a wonderful husband and takes such good care of me! So in honor of our 24th let me list 24 things that I love about him or am thankful for.
1. He loves God with all His heart!
2. He helps me to love God more!
3. He has the biggest servant heart of anyone I know!
4. I can count of him to take great care of me in good times and in bad!
5. He loves my mother and is so kind to her and takes care of her too!
6. He moved to Colorado with me so that I could be closer to my family.
7. He enjoys teaching God's Word and is really good at it!
8. He is a prayer warrior!
9. He is the kindest person I have ever met!
10. He compliments every meal I make for him.
11. He does our laundry so to limit my time on my feet.
12. He unloads the dishwasher
13. Numerous times a day he asks "Can I do anything for you?
14. When he proposed he promised to love me as Christ loves the church (Ephesians 5:25) and has kept
that promise for 24 years!
15. I love his delight at seeing an airplane he loves!
16. I love his delight of all birds, but especially his excitement in seeing a humming bird.
17. He is such a servant to our neighbors, shoveling their snow, mowing lawns and even taking them to
appointments
18. He is the first to write thank you notes
19. He enjoys snuggling
20. He has provided for us in ways that I never worry how the bills will get paid
21. He supports me in my own ministries
22. I enjoy listening to him give Jeopardy answers (and keep telling him he needs to get on the program!)
23. Love his enjoyment of his Thursday and Friday morning Bible Studies
24. Can't wait to see what God has in store for us during our 25th year of marriage and beyond!
16. I love his delight of all birds, but especially his excitement in seeing a humming bird.
17. He is such a servant to our neighbors, shoveling their snow, mowing lawns and even taking them to
appointments
18. He is the first to write thank you notes
19. He enjoys snuggling
20. He has provided for us in ways that I never worry how the bills will get paid
21. He supports me in my own ministries
22. I enjoy listening to him give Jeopardy answers (and keep telling him he needs to get on the program!)
23. Love his enjoyment of his Thursday and Friday morning Bible Studies
24. Can't wait to see what God has in store for us during our 25th year of marriage and beyond!
No comments:
Post a Comment