Tuesday, September 27, 2011

One Year Anniversary of Daddy's Homegoing





Today was the year anniversary of my Father's homegoing. It doesn't seem possible that he has been gone that long!! And here we are with the approaching of another holiday season without him. I have a pillow that my dad slept with that I now sleep with and everynight as I squeeze that pillow, it is like I am giving my dad a hug and I often have conversations with him. Today, my mom and I went to Helen Hunt Falls to spend some time thinking about him. We chose there because he loved it there and it is such a peaceful place. Mother buried one of his ties there last year, so it just seemed to be the perfect place to go. It was a beautiful day and we were able to get some pretty pictures of changing leaves. I wish my dad was still here so that we could go fishing together. I miss those times. There were so many things he would have loved to be able to do here but by the time we moved here he was too sick to do them. Then God was good and sent us some deer to enjoy just knowing my father would have loved them as well. I don't know how we would handle all of this if we were not confident my dad is at home with the Lord. It is only knowing that he is loving where he is at and he is totally well, that makes it easier to endure. We look forward to the day God calls us home so that we can enjoy our reunion. Until that time thank you for the sweet memories Daddy. Thank you for the love you poured on us. We were so blessed!

1 comment:

Karen said...

As I told you sweet mother on FB, I wish I could have known your daddy. That's going to be one of the joys of heaven, meeting all the wonderful people who will be praising God with us.