Thursday, August 11, 2011

Blogging Blues

Recently I saw a post on Facebook where the individual stated they were considering blogging again and wondered if anyone had any advice about it. This is what one person said in reply "Be real. Be honest, and even controversial if there is something on your heart to share/discuss. And if you are posting about your family adventures, don't just post about the good times, post about challenging things too" and here is another "i totally agree with Nicole! be real and honest. Write what God lays on your heart. whether its good, bad or even contervsial. Because you never know who God will put in your path to read, understand, long for or even just guidance of what God is doing or can do for them."

I concur with those statements and think that is basically what blogging is. I guess it is transparent journaling. In the past couple of months there has been someone posting anonymous comments on my blog that has made me question why I am blogging? Their comments have really hit my heart hard. I pray I am not the person this anonymous reader perceives me to be. I have considered just quitting, but I do think there have been many more times that God has used my words to bless someone than aggravate, so I will trust that that will continue to be true in the future.

But to my anonymous poster, I am no longer allowing anonymous post to my blog. If you want to criticize me you are going to have to be brave enough to let me know who you are. I do ask your forgiveness for whatever I have done that has caused you to see me as this self centered, vindictive, critical spirit. I definitely do have my faults, and I have often confessed over the years on my blog that I struggle with a critical spirit. I definitely do need to look at the positives in people and situations a lot more than the negatives. I will continue to pray that God transforms my mind into a Philippians 4:10 mind. But I do hope you will find a more constructive way to express your discontent with my posts. Please include me in your prayers and ask God to reveal anything in my heart that is displeasing to Him. I will continue to do the same. After your comments, I made an edit to what I said about Steve's mom in a way that better expressed what I was trying to say. I was not trying to dishonor her in my comments, but express my sadness in the fact that we were not close. It was never anything intentional on either of our parts, but as I tried to say, it was the fact that we did not really know each other from spending limited time together.

I do thank you for posting though, for without your comments I would not know that someone actually perceives me the way you do and I wouldn't know to be asking God to change those things in me. I am just so VERY thankful that He is willing to extend me more grace than you!! Years ago He revealed to me Matthew 7:2 "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." So I know I don't want to be judged the same way I judge others, so believe me I am working on it!!

I posted this quote on my FB page last night because it was very convicting to my heart. I know I will need to read it over and over again in my future to keep everything in check. This is from Beth Moore.

My name is Pride, I am a cheater.
I cheat you of your God given destiny....because you demand your own way.
I cheat you of contentment....because you "deserve better than this".
I cheat you of knowledge....because you already know it all.
I cheat you of healing....because you're too full of me to forgive.
I cheat you of holiness....because you refuse to admit when you are wrong
I cheat you of vision....because you because you'd rather look in the mirror than out a window.
I cheat you of genuine friendship....because nobody's going to know the real you.
I cheat you of love....because you real romance demands sacrifice.
I cheat you of greatness in heaven....because you refuse to wash another's feet on earth.
I cheat you of God's glory....because I convince you to seek your own.
My name is Pride, I am a cheater.
You like me because you think I'm always looking out for you. Untrue.
I'm looking to make a fool of you.
God has so much for you, I admit, but don't worry....If you stick with me you'll never know!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Lynn, please don't quit blogging. Your words have often blessed me.