I don't know about you but I am so guilty of getting caught in all the trappings of the holidays, that I actually spend very little time thinking about the true meaning of the holidays. The last few years I have done better about actually celebrating my Jesus at Christmas, but this year I thought perhaps I needed to do more to embrace Thanksgiving. Thanks to Facebook, lots of people have been posting what they are thankful for, so I thought I would just brainstorm here and see how many things I could come up with in ten minutes??
1. I am thankful for a God who loves me unconditionally.
2. I am thankful that I am a recipient of every spiritual blessing in Christ Jesus.
3. I am thankful for the home that is awaiting me.
2. I am thankful for a husband who loves that God and therefore loves me
unconditionally
3. I am thankful for a father who is now with my God and for all the love he
poured out on me.
4. I am thankful for a mother who chooses to continue to trust God and allow Him to
be her God of all comfort.
5. I am thankful for a mother who instilled faith into my heart and showed me who
God is. I am thankful that she and I can pray together and study the Word
together.
6. I am thankful for family that keeps life interesting.
7. I am thankful for the myriad of friends God has blessed me with who make this
life journey so much fuller.
8. I am thankful for the gifts and abilities God has blessed me with that allow me
to participate in ministry.
9. I am thankful for the physical blessings God has given me: a home, food,
clothes, cars and a computer to blog with :-)
10. I am thankful for the beauty of this earth, especially now what I see everyday
in Colorado
11. I am thankful for our new small group.
12. I am thankful for my old small group.
13. I am thankful for men and women of God who have the gift of writing that help me
grow deeper in my faith
14. I am thankful for the doctors God has used to give me healing
15. I am thankful for the drugs which help me be able to function in my pain.
16. I am thankful for those that have the gift of music and how their music and
lyrics bless my soul.
17. I am thankful for Facebook and being able to stay in touch and be back in touch
with those who no longer live near
So that is it for 10 minutes. I am sure there is so much more. Perhaps I should have just said I would see how long I could go. Now the real test is not to just use ten minutes to make a list, but to recognize the things that are around me every minute of every day to be thankful for. And while I am at it....thanks to those of you who still take the time to drop by and read these words....you keep me humble.
May you all have a wonderful season of Thanksgiving.
1 comment:
I AM THANKFUL FOR Y O U!!! AND FOR THE WAY YOU CAN EXPRESS INSPIRING WORDS TO HELP ME AND OTHERS. YOU ARE SUCH A WONDERFUL BLESSING. I LOVE YOU!!!!
Post a Comment