Friday, July 09, 2010

Presbyterian Church Vote

Yesterday the Presbyterian Church U.S.A. voted to allow non celibate homosexuals to be clergy? I just find this to be so wrong on so many levels. It won by a 53% majority. Their next step today is to decide whether they will change their definition of marriage from "a man and a woman" to between "two people."

Wow that is even scary. That means that and adult and a child could marry and it would be between "two people" and why just two, why not three or four people, or why not brother-sister, father-daughter, aunt-nephew, etc? Of course right now most states don't allow any of those scenarios to happen. And while at the moment most states don't allow homosexuals to marry, it is coming and is a major agenda item for the Obama administration.

We can't be surprised when the world acts like the world, but when the church acts like the world???? Why would Presbyterians think that homosexuals could be clergy?
Would they let an adulterer, or fornicator, or child molester be clergy?? Why would they not just say celibate homosexuals can be clergy?? The article I read also said the Evangelical Luthern, the U.S. Episcopal church and the United Church of Christ have also made the ruling to let non celibate homosexuals be clergy as long as they are in committed relationships.

The whole homosexual propaganda is just so wrong. They want us to just accept that it is an alternative lifestyle. But all the things I listed above could also be a lifestyle. One difference is a child molester is harming another individual. Unless you are talking about a minor who actually consents and then it would also fall into the "lifestyle" category. No one condones any of those acts and yet more and more we are just letting the homosexuals push their lifestyle into being accepted as normal. And why am I labeled a "homophobe" if I speak out against homosexuality? What do you call me for speaking out against adultery?

I know the homosexuals sin is no worse than my own sin and they are entitled to the same free gift of grace that I am. But just like I can't keep sinning so that grace abounds (Romans 6:1) the homosexual must take a vow of chastity in order to not be sinning.
I am not sure what the answer is besides praying? And just speaking truth whenever we can. Once again while I have my opinions I know I am not the final judge.

I have had way too many serious posts as of late. I will have to post something much more uplifting soon!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN