Now the fun begins as I have to begin deciding what goes and what stays. Since the new house is about 500 square feet smaller, I will definitely need to downsize. Also, I have pretty much had the same decorations for 20 years, so I think it is time to envision something new. But what?? And the truth of the matter is after all the moving expenses there won't be a lot left over for decorating.
I wish God had made all of this a little clearer for us. It seemed that everywhere we turned we hit an obstacle and we were beginning to think that His answer was "no", but then things worked out. I hope that wasn't us ignoring all the signs and just wanting our way?? But then there were parts that were just too good to be true, like having 2 cash buyers for our place and my mom's who are buying our places as is. Then when the bank pre-approved my mom for a loan, it just seemed it was meant to be.
It is kind of scary thinking about moving to where we don't know anyone, but have done it many times before and God has always been good to provide great friends wherever I have gone, so I am trusting Him to do it again. Colorado Springs isn't really what I had in mind in retiring to "small town America", but it is a pretty city. I really love that all day long wherever you drive you can see the mountains. Pikes Peak is really pretty. There are four churches within 10 minutes of every direction so we will see where the Lord will be able to use us the most.
I think Steve is going to love the fact that there is a plethora of aircraft in the skies at all times. With two Airforce bases there, he will have a ball. A program at one of the churches is "adopt a cadet". That would be fun.
So thought I would post some pictures of the new house, because I doubt I will have any more time to blog before we move.
Yes that is a view of the mountains from my patio :-)
1 comment:
The view is beautiful! And, the house looks very cute! Glad for you and sad for me.
Post a Comment