Friday, April 03, 2009

Happy 40th Anniversary Mother and Daddy


Today my parents celebrated 40 years of marriage. Steve and I were blessed to celebrate it with them. We went to a Chinese buffet on Park (don't remember the name)and it was very good. I actually ate Sushi for the first time and really enjoyed it. We then just enjoyed the pleasure of each other's company for the rest of the day.
I wrote them this poem that cannot begin to express all that I could say about their 40 years of marriage and what a blessing it has been to see them loving each other and their God all these years.

Celebrating 40 Years Of Love

Forty years ago today you two become one,
After you each had each other’s heart won.
But we know that the real matchmaker was God
Today we thank Him and praises do laud.

You came together as husband and wife
And committed to the plan He had for your life.
It included doubling your families to six,
A better mother or father we each could not pick.

Side by side you served the Lord from the start
You have shown each of us the look of His heart.
Your love for each other has been centered in Him
Sacrificial giving, serving and lost souls to win.

Your children for sure have all had the blessing
Of never wondering, or worrying or guessing,
If the two of you would stay faithful and true
We rise up and bless you, for praise you are due.

For long after the Lord has called you both home
The roots of your love will continue to grow.
A lifetime of lessons planted deep in our hearts
Will be eternal even when we’re apart.

2 comments:

Brian H. said...

I hope my son could write such a poem, especially the part about showing him the heart of the Lord.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU DEAR DAUGHTER FOR THE
BEAUTIFUL TRIBUTE. I HAVE SAID
BEFORE E V E R Y PARENT SHOULD
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAUGHTER LIKE YOU WHO HONORS HER HEAVENLY FATHER AND HER EARTHLY PARENTS. YOU AND STEVE ARE THE BEST. THANK YOU.
YOUR MOTHER