GOD & I: OUR HOLY ENCOUNTERS "This is what the Lord says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.'" Isaiah 48:17
Thursday, February 12, 2009
19 1/2 years
The first thing I heard this morning was "happy 19 1/2 year anniversary". I had got up at 6:00 a.m. to use the restroom. Ever since we were married Steve gives me a card, book, or some little something on the 12th of every month, the day we got married in August 1989. Today, he gave me the new "Mama Mia" video. But the most special gift He gave me this morning was praying over me before he left for work. For the first years of our marriage I would get up and fix Steve breakfast and we would pray before he went to work. Then when I went to work, I didn't fix breakfast anymore because I couldn't go back to bed afterwards (as Steve gets up at 4:30 a.m.), so he would wake me up and pray over me before he left. Since my accident, he no longer wakes me up in the morning and thinks I need my sleep. I sleep so hard that most mornings I don't even hear him getting ready for work and when I do wake up, at 6:30 or so (not that I get up then :)) he has already left. So he doesn't pray over me anymore. I was reminded this morning what a special time that is and I need to tell him to start waking me up again :) What a blessing it is to have a husband to pray with and who prays over you! And who thinks the 12th of every month is a special day, even after 19 1/2 years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! What an amazing husband. You are so blessed!
Steve is making it rough for the rest of us guys.
Post a Comment